Britvic has announced revenue growth of 2.5% for the first quarter to 25 January 2011. The soft drinks manufacturer said the increase had been driven by growth across its GB, France and International arms.Among the top-performing categories in Great Britain were carbonates, with revenue growth up 5.8%, led by Pepsi, which the firm said substantially grew its share in the take-home cola market. GB stills also showed an improving performance compared to recent quarterly trends, but revenue was still down 1.7%.Total revenue in its GB business was up 2.8%.
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
December 27, 2019 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Governor Wolf Announces New Apprenticeship Funding in Philadelphia Jobs That Pay, Press Release, Workforce Development Governor Tom Wolf announced the approval of new funding for the International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers JAC Local Unit 14. (IAHFIAW), whose training center is dedicated to building professionals with expertise, character, and a sense of teamwork. The funding will support the governor’s commitment to expanding job training related opportunities throughout Pennsylvania.“It is critical that we invest in the future of Pennsylvania’s workforce by helping industries and organizations bring on, train, and grow new talent,” said Gov. Wolf. “Since taking office, my administration has been committed to supporting the training and development opportunities that will shape the future of workplaces across the commonwealth.”The $49,500 grant will support recruitment methods, including job fairs in the community and local schools, as well as open house job fairs at the IAHFIAW JAC (LU14) Training Center. The program will recruit and train apprentices in mechanical insulation, firestopping, and asbestos abatement. The center has trained registered apprentices since 1969 with 85 percent of apprentices completing the program and 100 percent being placed in careers. The training center is overseen by a joint committee consisting of representatives from the Contractors Association and the Local Union 14.“The International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers JAC (LU14) is very excited to be awarded the commonwealth,” said Ed Krawczyk, Administrator, IAHFIAW JAC (LU14) Training Center. “This grant will help us further utilize the funding for opportunities for training our future apprentices in the Insulation Industry.”Apprenticeship programs provide key access to career pathways and enable apprentices to develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to compete in today’s economy. Classroom training is a required component of registered apprenticeship programs across Pennsylvania and complements traditional on-the-job training. The technical materials taught in a classroom environment enables apprentices to learn fundamental concepts, terminology, procedures, safety requirements, and basic tools and instruments.Apprenticeships are a key component of Governor Wolf’s PAsmart initiative, an innovative way to improve coordination between state agencies, cut red tape, and invest in people and businesses to expand innovative job training in apprenticeships and other programs so workers get the skills they need to compete in the global economy.The Pre-Apprentice and Apprenticeship Grant Program is a statewide program that offers assistance to registered apprenticeship programs. The program’s goal is to increase apprenticeship availability to Pennsylvania employers to assist them with their talent recruitment and development.For more information about the Wolf Administration’s commitment to workforce training, visit the Department of Community and Economic Development website, and be sure to stay up-to-date with all of our agency news on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
A shooting at a park in Brooklyn has left one person dead and 12 others injured, according to the New York Police Department.The gunfire erupted on Saturday night at about 11 p.m., during an event in Brownsville, a neighborhood located in east Brooklyn.The victims were taken to a local hospital. One of them, a 38-year-old man, died shortly after arriving at the hospital. Another man is in critical condition.Six of those injured were men and five were women, all ranging in age between 21 and 55 years old.“We’re still tallying up all the victims, unfortunately,” stated a police spokesman.New York Mayor Bill de Blasio tweeted:Thank you to the @NYPD73Pct and EMS for your swift response last night, and to the Cure Violence and non-profit organizations in Brownsville working tirelessly to make this community safer. https://t.co/Kn0Vvcuw2w— Mayor Bill de Blasio (@NYCMayor) July 28, 2019 We had a terrible shooting in Brownsville tonight that shattered a peaceful neighborhood event. Our hearts go out to the victims.We will do everything in our power to keep this community safe and get guns off our streets.— Mayor Bill de Blasio (@NYCMayor) July 28, 2019 WNBC-TV in New York reports that the attack took place during an annual community event called Oldtimers Day. As the festival was drawing to a close, about 100 officers remained in the area when the shots suddenly rang out.Police believe the incident included two shooters and two guns.They are asking that anyone present at the festival share photos and videos from before, during and after the shooting.
Students will experience changes to their housing options next year as the University works to accommodate an influx of students coming to live at the USC Village next fall. Sophomores will be given priority for Village housing, and will get to choose which of the themed Residential Colleges they would like to reside in, according to USC Director of Residential Education Emily Sandoval. Sandoval said that Bohnett College, which at this point is the most developed, will have a theme of social entrepreneurship, where students will work together to solve a problem they see in Los Angeles.“When all the themed residential colleges will be set, not all the colleges will be around that theme,” Sandoval told students attending an open house on Friday. “Some of the faculty will do some of the programs that are connected to that theme. The themes are currently being decided by the Office of the President and the Provost.” The only freshman housing in the Village will be the McCarthy Honors College, which will house merit scholarship recipients. Those students are currently housed in Birnkrant Residential College, which will open up to non-scholarship recipients next fall. “About 530 first-year students will be housed — all of the Presidential, Mork and Trustee scholars,” Sandoval said.The conversion of Birnkrant may present new opportunities for spring admits to obtain housing, according to Undergraduate Student Government Vice President Austin Dunn. But ensuring that spring admits get access to the Village may prove to be more challenging, Dunn said. As of now, the Village is not disclosing any details, though USG is making an effort to try to learn more.“It’s hard to get into talks with the University Village.” Dunn said. “One of the branches of USG community affairs, the advocacy branch, is starting to develop a better relationship with the administrators with regards to housing.”Another issue being addressed is the increase in residential assistants needed to accommodate the new housing. Sandoval said that there would be 50 RAs living in the Village, increasing the total number of RAs from 156 to 206 and making it more crucial than ever for students to apply.All freshmen will be required to have a full meal plan, while sophomores would need at least an apartment plan, both of which would include access to the new dining hall being built in the Village.Sandoval also addressed concerns about safety that could arise due to the presence of retail stores on the first floor of the residential buildings. “Just like the main campus, this area will lock down at 9 p.m.,” Sandoval said. “There is a guard shack, so anyone in the retail spaces will not be able to access the residential spaces. The bedrooms and apartments will be locked.”Ensuring safety and promoting the open house is part of a campaign by USC Housing to push more students to apply for on-campus housing. In order to fill all of the new spaces, more students need to express an interest in living in USC housing than in previous years, Sandoval said.USC Housing is also considering converting the Troy Hall Complex, which had formerly held upperclassmen, to graduate housing. The final decision will be made next semester depending on the demand once housing applications start coming in. If enough upperclassmen request to live in Webb Tower, they will be prioritized over freshmen to receive the open spots.Correction: A previous version of this misspelled Bohnett College as Benet College. The Daily Trojan regrets the error.
A dam that was built to prevent water access to the community…overgrown shrubbery, stagnant water causing distressFarming and other agricultural activities in the community of Plantain Walk at Beterverwagting, East Coast Demerara (ECD), has been affected by the blockage of a trench, which occurred during drainage works a few months ago, resulting in a buildup of stagnant water.Speaking with Guyana Times on Friday, one of the affected locals, Motiram Ram, explained that drainage works were conducted a few months ago and in the process, dirt was used to build a dam, preventing water from the backlands from entering the trenches. As such, a number of problems were uncovered since then.At first, there was no source of water to conduct farming operations. However, the trench was later invaded by shrubbery and other plants after it remained void of water. This has invited dangerous reptiles and other creatures.“There is a lot of drainage problems. It is a kind of farmland. We do farming and they block off the water from the backlands from flushing out the trench and provide water. They put a high dam and the water can’t come over so this is really really affecting us,” the man stated.“The place is like a jungle because there is not enough water and the bush just growing. The little water that we have is stagnant. It needs to be cleared. One of my concern is that in the same trench, it is like a jungle. We get some serious alligator and snakes. I don’t know what will happen to us,” he later explained.Ram said a piece of machinery was tasked with providing some drainage works a few days ago but could not continue due to insufficient fuel. A tractor was then dispatched to deliver petrol to finish the job but could not traverse the roadway. The affected resident argued that the street was built with asphalt and these are just excuses to prolong their distresses.“About two months ago, a machinery come to Beterverwagting to clean the trench. They did part of it and like the funds run out and they go away. Now, about four days back, a big excavator park at the back by the end of the road waiting for fuel from drainage and irrigation. The operator don’t have fuel to operate the machine up to now. When a tractor come to bring fuel, the driver said he can’t pass to go there and the road is asphalt. We have good roads here and yet they making excuses,” Ram expressed.Persons in the community have expressed concerns over their livelihoods and are calling on the relevant authorities to have the matter addressed. With the current situation, the community lacks an effective drainage system during the rainy season.The trench, void of water, which has been invaded by bushes
Sean Houston was the hero as Finn Harps edged closer to safety in the Premier Division with a super 2-1 win against Bray Wanderers at Finn Park tonight.Of course Harps never do things by the book and they were left sweating when Seagulls substitute Dean Kelly slotted home from close range in the 74th minute.Houston put the Donegal side ahead after just 12 minutes as Harps looked the much brighter of the two outfits. Adam Hanlon’s free kick caused panic in the Bray box and Houston stabbed home form close range.He grabbed his own and Harps second in the 68th minute when Keith Cowan slipped the ball into his path from a Mickey Funston cross.With just half an hour left on the watch, it looked like Harps would coast to their first victory in what seems like an eternity.But Dean Kelly had other ideas and it was a nervous last fifteen minutes when he scored in the 74th minute. But hold on their did.Ollie Horgan’s side are now eight points clear of Wexford with four games left to play.It’s not mathematically impossible but another win would almost cement their place in the Premier league for next season.Houston the hero as Harps edge closer to safety was last modified: October 7th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Dromore National School in Killygordon has been given the go-ahead for additional accommodation works. The investment will provide for a new 80m2 en suite classroom and a 97m2 base for educating and caring for children with autism.Fine Gael Councillor Martin Harley has welcomed the approval from the Department of Education and Skills today. Cllr Harley said: “I am delighted to get confirmation from the Department of Education and Skills that work has been sanctioned for Dromore National School in Killygordon,” Cllr Harley said.“With this investment by the Department the school will secure new additional accommodation.”Mr Harley added: “The approval means Dromore NS can now get the wheels motion to get the builders on site to bring this project to life.“I’d like to thank Minister Joe McHugh for his work since taking over in the Department of Education and Skills. “Many projects are being approved by the Department’s Building Unit every week, in Donegal and in counties across the country, and the difference these extensions and redevelopments make is brilliant for the school community, the teachers and staff and most of all the children who use them everyday.”Local school gets green light for new classroom and autism unit was last modified: March 12th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Cllr Martin Harleydromore national schoolKillygordon
Tjaronn Chery, one of four players making his QPR debut, caught the eye during the first half of the Championship opener at The Valley. Charlie Austin started for Rangers, whose line-up also included Jamie Mackie and fellow summer signings Paul Konchesky, James Perch and Massimo Luongo.Austin had a couple of attempts on goal, firing wide after dispossessing El-Hadji Ba and then seeing a deflected shot flash wide following Chery’s right-wing corner.And the pair combined again when Austin laid the ball off to the Dutch midfielder, whose powerful drive was palmed away by keeper Nick Pope.At the other end, efforts from Ahmed Kashi and Johann Gudmundsson were comfortably saved by Rob Green.QPR (4-2-3-1): Green; Perch, Onuoha, Hill, Konchesky; Henry, Luongo; Phillips, Chery, Mackie; Austin.Subs: Lumley, Hall, Faulin, Hoilett, Doughty, Emmanuel-Thomas, Polter.Follow West London Sport on Twitter Find us on Facebook
1 November 2013South Africa will face Wales, France and Australia at the 2014 IRB Women’s Rugby World Cup in France after being named in Pool C at the official draw in Paris on Wednesday.The competition, which runs from 1 to 17 August 2014, will feature 12 teams drawn in three pools.With Australia ranked in the top three of the women’s rugby world rankings, and France and Wales respectively a few places below them, the Springbok Women’s side will enter the tournament as the lowest ranked team in Pool C.Record-breaking victoryThe Springbok Women qualified for the 2014 Rugby World Cup in September with a record-breaking 63-3 victory over Uganda in East London, which was the biggest victory in the history of the women’s national team.Next year’s appearance at the international showpiece will mark the Springbok Women’s third successive Rugby World Cup finals appearance.Australia and Wales were drawn in the same pool as South Africa in the 2010 Women’s Rugby World Cup in England, and the team defeated the Welsh 15-10 in their second pool match. Wales, however, emerged victorious in the second outing between the teams in the ninth and 10th place playoff later in the tournament.SatisfiedSpringbok Women’s captain Mandisa Williams was satisfied with the draw, although she admitted that her team would have to be in top form as Australia, France and Wales are quality sides.“There will never be an easy draw at a Rugby World Cup, so we are satisfied with our pool, although we know it is going to be a challenging competition,” said Williams.“We defeated Wales in the round-robin stages of the last World Cup, but just as we have developed as a team, so have all the other sides participating in the spectacle, so we will not take anything for granted.”Creating upsetsAfter progressing from a 12th place finish in their first World Cup in Canada in 2006 to 10th place in the 2010 showpiece, Williams said she hoped that the increased international exposure the women have enjoyed since then would allow them to create a few upsets next year.“We have certainly developed as a team over the last few years and the fact that we have been exposed to more international rugby in the 15-a-side and Sevens codes has assisted in that regard,” she said. “But the hard work starts now. It is up to us to grow as a unit and be in the best possible form for the World Cup. Fortunately we have experienced senior players and talented youngsters coming through, so we have to make the most of this when we begin our preparations.”Defending Rugby World Cup champions New Zealand were drawn in Pool B with the USA, Ireland and Kazakhstan, while 2010 finalists England were named in Pool A with Canada, Spain and Samoa.‘Really exciting’Speaking after the draw at Hotel de Ville in Paris, IRB chairman Bernard Lapasset said: “This is a really exciting day for Women’s Rugby. We now know the pools for France 2014, and fans are going to see some really excellent matches.“The World Cup in 2010 saw a great standard of rugby, but I believe the matches next August will see an even greater level of intensity and skill. I wish all 12 teams the very best over the coming year as they prepare for this magnificent event.”SAinfo reporter and SA Rugby