Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college College basketball still under cloud of recruiting scandal Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? “I’ve got into the octagon into this quicker before I made it into UFC,” Lewis said. “It’s not going to be a problem at all. I just had to stay longer in the gym.”Cormier (21-1, 1 no-contest) fights for now as both the UFC heavyweight and light heavyweight champ, though his days as a dual champion are numbered no matter the outcome against Lewis. Cormier will be stripped of his light heavyweight title and the 205-pound crown will go to the winner of the Jon Jones-Alexander Gustafsson bout at UFC 232 on Dec. 29 in Las Vegas.Cormier was a bit of a surprise main eventer in a card that has been shuffled because of injuries and the dire need to find a quality main event at MSG. He broke his right hand in the Miocic fight and had been posturing for a potential fight against former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar.But with UFC desperate for a worthy main event, Cormier was offered a payday he could not refuse. Plus, the allure of putting his name on the top of the marquee for a title defense at MSG appealed to his ego.“It’s massive to me to headline the Garden,” Cormier said. “Stuff like that means something to me, which is a bit dangerous because the UFC knows, if they dangle the carrot, they know they can get me to bite by putting all that historical stuff in front of me. Legacy matters to me.”ADVERTISEMENT Their chicken challenge goes back to July when the fighters shared the dais after they both fought on the same pay-per-view card. Cormier was feeling great after he flattened Stipe Miocic and won the heavyweight crown. Lewis also won and continued his ascent into contention.The fighters joked for a while before Lewis could finally find a reason to dislike Cormier: ”He disrespected that Popeye’s chicken on a commercial a few years ago .” A shirtless Cormier had starred in a parody video of “All About That Bass ,” and danced with drumsticks out of a Popeye’s box. Lewis mimicked Cormier’s moves from the video at the news conference and both fighters erupted into laughter.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissThis kind of hype wasn’t exactly brimming with the nastiness of Conor McGregor throwing a hand truck at a bus to get at his foe.But Lewis (21-5) showed he’s no chicken when comes to accepting title fights on short notice: He’s fighting Cormier for the belt Saturday at Madison Square Garden just one month after knockout win at UFC 229. The 33-year-old Lewis also can’t wait to get to the Garden.“It’s where all the famous fighters put down their mark in the sport,” he said.Lewis fights weeks after he took 129 significant strikes (78 to the head) in his win against Alexander Volkov. He’s won eight of his last nine fights (three straight) on the strength of his significant knockout power that makes him a threat should he connected on that one devastating punch.But Cormier has solidified himself as one of MMA’s greatest fighters and most dominant wrestlers. Cormier has never lost to anyone except Jones, the star-crossed former light heavyweight champion who beat him twice. The second bout last year was changed to a no-contest when Jones failed a doping test that kept him out of the sport for 15 months.Cormier said a KO was the only way he could lose.“He’s just a real nice, fun-loving guy but when he gets in there, he tries to knock your head off,” Cormier said.Lewis has also cashed on some notoriety that came from a PG-13 answer as to why he stripped off his shorts inside the cage after beating Volkov. His defense of Popeye’s caught the eye of the fried chicken chain and one of the franchises is offering free food should Lewis win .Cormier retaliated in the fast-food fight by throwing his weight behind burger joint Carl’s Jr. Carl’s changed its handle to “Daniel Cormier fan account” and tweeted, ”DMs are open DC let’s shake this out .”With a diet of burgers and chicken, Cormier weighed in at a career-high 251.2 pounds for the fight. And he’ll be keeping an eye on his waistline — the one he expects to still be wrapped with the title belt after Saturday night. Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew LATEST STORIES Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown MOST READ Allen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier acknowledges the cheers of fans as he takes the stage for his weigh-in the night before his Ultimate Fighting Championship bout against Volkan Oezdemir, Friday, Jan. 19, 2018, in Boston. (AP Photo/Stephan Savoia)Sure, the heavyweight championship is on the line at UFC 230.But for Daniel Cormier and challenger Derrick Lewis, their biggest beef is over chicken.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum View comments Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award
Fisheries stakeholders at the meeting,As part of efforts to get semi-industrial and artisanal fishing communities involve with national decision-making process of fisheries administration and governance, the National Fisheries and Aquaculture Authority of Liberia (NaFAA) on Friday, October 19, held a co-management fishing activities meeting with semi-industrial and artisanal fishers from Montserrado County.The meeting, which brought together stakeholders from the fishing communities of Montserrado and Bomi Counties, was basically organized by NaFAA in order for the entity to elaborate on plans that will see both artisanal and semi-industrial fishers, along with NaFAA, co-manage fishing activities in the country’s nine coastal counties.According to a NaFAA release, both the semi-industrial and artisanal fishing communities will help in the monitoring, control and surveillance operation at the community level for the enforcement and compliance of the 2010 New Fisheries Regulation through a system of partnership under the tittle, “Collaborative Management Association (CMA).”NaFAA director-general, Emma Metieh Glassco, informed fishing stakeholders that the CMA would unfold results that will benefit coastal communities’ dwellers.Madam Glassco said negotiations are underway to help the residents of the coastal communities overcome some of their pressing challenges.She said that NaFAA is bringing onboard a Japanese top-class motor manufacturer “Yamaha” to produce motorized boats for semi-industrial and artisanal fishermen to enable them increase their catch and avoid drowning in Liberian waters.Police Inspector General Patrick Sudue speaking to fisheries stakeholders at NaFAA’s CMA meetingThe release added that NaFAA has also promised the provision of standardized fishing nets in exchange for the rubber nets known as mono-filament, which is harmful to the fish and its environment, the National Fisheries and Aquaculture.Also at the meeting, two security apparatus pledged their collaborative supports to the implementation of CMA policies and the reduction of illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing activities along Liberian waters.The Inspector General of the Liberia National Police (LNP), Patrick Sudue said that the LNP will ensure the implementation of CMA policies, while the Armed Forces of Liberia (AFL) Deputy Chief of Staff, Geraldine George, assured that the National Coast Guard will work with NaFAA to ensure full compliance of all fisheries regulations.Additionally, Montserrado County, District #16 Representative, Dickson Sebio, promised to champion a legislation in the House to increase tariff on the importation of fish products as soon as the CMA is formed and fully implemented.Moreover, semi-industrial and artisanal fishers from Montserrado County, which were mostly Fanti (of Ghanian ethnic origin) and Kru Chiefs expressed their willingness to co-manage fishing affairs for the improvement of their fishing communities.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
The Rose Bowl Water Polo Club offers several youth coed teams: age 10 and under, 12 and under and 14 and under. Registration for the spring season is slotted for 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 28, at the AAF Rose Bowl Aquatic Center. For information visit www.rosebowlpolo.com. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
By Elliott Teaford STAFF WRITER HONOLULU – At the end of another routine day in paradise, Lakers coach Phil Jackson caused a minor stir by saying he was considering starting forward Ronny Turiaf ahead of Luke Walton when the season begins Oct. 30. It had nothing to do with Walton’s strained right hamstring, which prevented him from practicing Friday at Iolani High School. It had everything to do with Jackson’s desire to add Turiaf’s energy to the starting five. Jackson acknowledged that he had not spoken to Walton about making the switch. Turiaf also said he had heard nothing about a possible change. Walton started all 60 games in which he played last season; Turiaf came off the bench in all but one of 72. “We’ll see how it goes,” Jackson said. “It’s still a long time away from tip time, but I know we have to have starters coming off the bench to be a good team.” Walton feigned outrage when Jackson’s plans were relayed to him. “That’s messed up,” he said. “How do you lose your starting spot over the summer when you didn’t even do anything (wrong)? He hasn’t told me anything. I would like to start. I’m not going to pout if I don’t. I like starting. I enjoy it, but if he feels we’ll have a better flow, I guess we’ll try it out.” Walton signed a five-year, $30 millon contract in July after a breakout season in which he averaged 11.4 points, 5 rebounds and 4.3 assists. Turiaf also figured Jackson was playing mind games. “I think he’s jerking around with me,” Turiaf said. “He’s been jerking around with me for 2
THE Derry Diocese – which covers Inishowen – will publish its report on clerical sex abuse tomorrow at 11am, the Diocese confirmed this evening.Like the Raphoe audit, no priests will be named and only reports contained in Church records will be discussed.The report will be presented by Monsignor Eamon Martin, the Diocesan Administrator who is being tipped to take over from retired Bishop Seamus Hegarty. It will be published first on the Diocese website at 11am – and there will be a press conference at 1pm, said a spokesman.DERRY DIOCESE TO PUBLISH ABUSE AUDIT was last modified: November 29th, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:derry diocese audit
Donegal manager Jim McGuinness has admitted that last year’s devastating defeat to Mayo prompted a hell of a lot of soul searching between management and players.After back-to-back Ulster titles and an All-Ireland title in 2012, Donegal were brought back to earth with a bang in 2013. Defeats to Monaghan and then Mayo resulted in Donegal relinquishing both their crowns in the space of a fortnight.In a press briefing in the run up to Sunday’s crunch All-Ireland semi-final with Dublin, McGuinness revealed the players met up shortly after that defeat.They spoke about what went wrong and their desire to make amends in 2014, with the Ulster crown back in the hills, the smiles are back on Donegal supporters faces again.A win against the Dubs on Sunday, now that would really make us all smile. DDTV: COUNTDOWN TO CROKER – MCGUINNESS “WE DONE A HELL OF A LOT OF SOUL SEARCHING AFTER MAYO DEFEAT” was last modified: August 26th, 2014 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Countdown to CrokerDDTVHome-page Sportnews
Seamus Coleman has insisted that Ireland’s Euro 2016 qualifier with Scotland is the key clash for them despite the media circus surrounding the friendly game with England. It’s the first time England will play Ireland in Dublin since 1995, in a game that shamed football the match was abandoned when English hooligans began to riot inside Lansdowne Road.Games between Ireland and England in any sport are always special occasions, but the fact it’s the first time the two sides will meet in Ireland since that terrible night in 1995 only adds to the significance of it.While Coleman insists the teams primary focus is all three points against the Scots on Saturday week, he does concede that there should be a cracking atmosphere on Sunday for the game against England. Coleman told The Irish Daily Star, “There are two big games coming up for me.“We have got England up first in a friendly, but I suppose in our eyes there is only one big game this summer and that is Scotland.“There will be a great atmosphere for the England game, there always is.“England will bring a few over and our fans always support us well. “But we are using that as build-up to our main game against Scotland where we need the three points.”Irish fans are excited about this game and a generation of football fans in this country have been starved of clashes between the two countries over the last twenty years.Ireland played England at Wembley in 2013 and a header from Shane Long earned Ireland a draw.Coleman feels Ireland can overcome the Scots on home soil after their defeat to Gordon Strachan’s men at Celtic Park in November as there was very little between the two sides.“Unfortunately Scotland beat us there, but there wasn’t much in the game. “We have a lot more to give and hopefully we can take the points this time around.”SEAMUS COLEMAN – “ONLY ONE BIG GAME FOR US THIS SUMMER AND IT’S AGAINST SCOTLAND” was last modified: June 4th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:EnglandEuro 2016Irelandnewsseamus colemansoccerSport
For complete Oakland Raiders coverage follow us on Flipboard.With the bye week upon us and the Raiders at 1-5, the plan was to go back and contact some former players I respect to get their take on what’s gone wrong.What I discovered was there weren’t a lot of takers. It’s understandable. Those with ties to the organization or Jon Gruden don’t want to be perceived as piling on and may have enacted a “if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all” philosophy in what has …
Why You Love Online Quizzes klint finley Growing Phone Scams: 5 Tips To Avoid How to Write a Welcome Email to New Employees? This morning, as Firefox 4 was officially released to the world, Mozilla Developer Evangelist Christian Heilmann tweeted “So IE9 was downloaded 2.3m times in a day – let’s see if that record gets broken today.” As I write this, Firefox 4 has been downloaded over 4.1 million times according to the Firefox Download Stats page. By the time I’m done with this post, I’m sure it will hit 4.2 million.Does breaking Internet Explorer 9’s download record mean a comeback for Firefox? It’s still the second most popular browser after IE, and certainly has a better reputation than Microsoft’s much-maligned browser. But Firefox has lost market share to WebKit-based browsers like Google Chrome, which have a reputation for being faster and faired better in Acid tests.What do you think of the latest version of Firefox? Related Posts 7 Types of Video that will Make a Massive Impac… Tags:#hack#Polls
Lock your locations down with this free Location Release Form for film, TV, and video productions.Securing a great location is an incredibly challenging yet rewarding part of the pre-production process. Unless you happen to be a big-time director, chances are you don’t get the privilege of shooting all of your videos on a sound-stage. Because of this issue, the “Location Release” was born. In the following post, we’ll take a look at what a location release is, how it’s used, and give you a link to download a well designed location release form for your next big video project.What is a location release form?In a nutshell, a Location Release Form is used to protect both the location owner and the production company from any confusion that may arise regarding the production location. The Location Release Form outlines when a location will be used, the dates of use, an insurance agreement, and an acknowledgment of liability.When is a location release form used?Typically a Location Release Form will be filled out well before the day of the production. It is also advised that you have a copy of the Location Release Form with you on the day of production. It will help you if any disputes come up regarding your right to shoot in the given location.How is a location release form used?Fill out each field in the Location Release Form and have the location owner sign and date it. You will need to make a copy of this form for the owners records, your production company’s records, and an extra copy to bring with you on the day of the shoot. If any issue should arise regarding your right to shoot at the location on the day of the shoot, you can show the release form to whom it may concern.You can download the form by clicking the text below. There are two templates that are included in the download: One to fill out by hand and another to fill out on a computer. You can use Preview on a Mac or Adobe Acrobat on a PC to edit the computer template.DOWNLOAD FREE LOCATION RELEASE FORM HEREInterested in learning more about the location scouting process? Check out a few of the following posts:5 Tips for Finding a Great Film Location8 Tips for Getting Good Shots in a Bad Location5 Tips For Getting Great Film/Video Locations For FreeHave any tips for using a Location Release Form? Share experiences with us in the comments below.